Monday, July 14, 2014

Recently

Last week I travelled to Cincinnati with my brother and parents. My brother had never seen the Reds play and I hadn't been since I was 18. (I'm pretty sure my parents hadn't been since their lives pre-kids so at least 25 years ago).


We saw two great games. I'm no huge baseball fan but I love sports of all kinds, especially going to games. Eating is my favorite part of most sporting events but if I'm going to watch a baseball game I prefer to do so on the river in Cincy. Plus, these games made me appreciate the sport even more. It was good to get to hang with my fam and enjoy "America's pastime."



My parents thought they were going to a Celtics game, I think. 

It was a bit of a whirlwind trip, especially after the game the second day went into 12 innings. I had just enough time to enjoy breakfast at my granny's house the next morning (and for her to send me home with more veggies than I could eat in a lifetime) before heading home.


Two of the wonderful ladies in our former small group are pregnant and both due in October. I got to see sweet Kate and her adorable belly for the first time since her pregnancy for lunch on Friday. Then on Friday evening and Saturday we got to enjoy the Taylor's last bit of time here in Virginia. Their baby shower/going away party was perfect. So many people who love them so much came to see them off and send love to Arlo.

Sarah is super excited for this gift. 
Yesterday Drew and I did some things around the house while simultaneously watching Potterhead weekend on abcfamily. I read recently that in your mid-twenties you judge the success of your weekend by it's productivity and not your drinking stories. If that is true then we win. Drew did the mowing and weed-eating, I got groceries and did our meal planning for the week, we watered and weeded the gardens, picked blackberries and gathered apples, went to the farmer's market, Drew colored my hair, did laundry, built a firepit, cooked a kickass dinner and watched a LOT of HP. I love being back in the New River Valley and I'm looking forward to many more weekends in our new home.







1 comment:

  1. Haha, I always tell people to wear neon green so I can spot them in the crowd on tv. Must have missed these two. :P Great American is a great park to watch a ballgame. Love the river and views!! And the team!! :D Your corn and salad look divine. Nothing like fresh! :) ~Gina

    ReplyDelete