Friday, September 5, 2014

She lives



I am surviving life as a first year teacher. I am always busy, overwhelmed, exhausted, and in love. I have the sweetest students and if it weren't for my room having no a/c I would have no complaints. I think my students think I have an overly shimmery upper lip because it is always sweating. I have 10th-12th graders and they are lovely. They make me laugh every single day, all day. I cannot explain how much I love my job and the super helpful coworkers. I'm still figuring out how I feel about living where I work but I do know that I love Floyd County High School. How I feel about living in Floyd is yet to be determined.
This is a review game I did a couple of weeks ago




If I do anything besides school work it is this: 









Picking, freezing, picking, canning. We have LOADS of zucchini in the fridge: shredded, slices, spears, casseroles. And all of those cans are either tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa, apple butter or apple sauce. I am very proud of us for jumping right in with the preservation (or prepping as our friends Sarah and Ben say). I promise we're not preppers. We just like to grow things and because we aren't a family of 12 we can't eat it as quickly as it comes in so we are prepping (in a sense) but just for winter not for an apocalypse.  


The only thing outside of canning and teaching we have done is travel home for Labor day weekend. My sister's wedding shower was on Saturday and Drew spent the weekend camping with my uncle and other family members who came and went (like myself). The shower was lovely and the hiking and camping were just what I needed on my weekend off. 











Drew is hiking this weekend and I'm trying to get ahead on some lesson planning for next week. Football has started so that will fill all free moments of our weekends. Fantasy football, college football, FCHS football, thank God it's fall. Here's hoping this heat ends soon so I can't stop frightening my students with a glowing face.


No comments:

Post a Comment