Sunday, January 24, 2016

Januaryness

I haven't been out of the house since Thursday evening. If you're counting that is 60some odd hours. I mean, I've been outside but I haven't been out of the yard. Instead I've been bringing the outside in....





I made a video of this experience as well and you can hear Drew complaining in the background. It sounds something like: "There's chickens in the house. They're gonna shit everywhere." And as you can see he was right. Adele did not disappoint. How many of you can say Adele has taken a dump in your kitchen? That's what I thought.




There was a lot of hype about this snow, they were calling for 2+ feet and we barely got a foot. I'm a bit bitter. I was banking on being out of school this whole week and now I'm terrified we are going to go back tomorrow. Not that I don't love my job but I've only finished one book and I haven't even started House of Cards yet.


But our days snowed in together haven't been completely unfruitful. I've read our fortunes. Watched Meet the Patels on Netflix. Filled up bird feeders every hour. Napped. Skyped with our friends in Kenya. Baked bread. Kept the fire roaring. Discussed travel plans and settling down in Floyd (Drew says "It's time we become adults"). Drank warm beverages.Cooked together. Dreamt of what we will plant once it's warm. And snuggled with our pups.




I hope you all have been just as unproductive as us on these snow days. Enjoy the last little bit of it. 

1 comment: