Thursday, July 24, 2014

shower curtains can wait

In my bathroom this morning I caught myself thinking "I really need to start a list of things we still need for the house." We have no shower curtain, currently. Just a lovely clear liner that is super classy. But I stopped myself, sure there are things we'd still like to have for the new place but we are already so lucky in so many ways in this new place.

We have worshiped with two fabulous faith communities in the past week.

We have picked tomatoes, apples, and berries without leaving our yard.

We've woken up to birds singing daily.

We bought every vegetable we have eaten, locally.

We've taken an evening run to the river and watched a river otter swimming, carefree.

We have shared meals with strangers.

We have planted seeds in the hopes of a fall harvest.

We've met neighbors.


These are the things I will cling to rather than making my list of "things to buy." Thank you Jesus for people and nature, those are the things that matter. shower curtains can wait.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. Thank you for being present with us for an important part of this journey...

    ReplyDelete