Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Day on Claytor


Yesterday we spent a lovely afternoon on Claytor Lake. It is so beautiful down there I feel bad that we live so close and haven't taken advantage of it more.

 The weather was perfect!  

 
We also got to bring Ikey boy and he had a great time playing with our friends' dog Jayten. They were both pooped by the time we finished dinner last night.
 

The dogs, like me, weren't crazy about the water so we spent a lot of time like this:


Here's proof of how little they cared for the water:

 
 
 
 
We tubed, which is pretty uncharacteristic for me but Sarah and Ben made it look fun so I gave it a go.
 



We had a little boat trouble a time or two so Drew and I spent most of our tubing time waiting for the boat to get fixed but that was preferable to me. Much more relaxing.


Overall it was a perfect end of summer day. Relaxing and fun and we had some delicious pizza to end the day. I foresee many more trips to Claytor Lake in our future, there are lots of houses to rent for a little vacay. Anyone interested??



 

No comments:

Post a Comment